The 25-year-old supermodel has opened her allegations on the man behind one of the fashion’s biggest labels.
Previously, Kate Upton has taken to Twitter to call out Guess co-founder as well as former CEO Paul Marciano for his inappropriate sexual conduct, after she has worked with him as a Guess model in the beginning of her modeling career. Kate has tweeted, “It’s disappointing that such an iconic women’s brand @GUESS is still empowering Paul Marciano as their creative director #metoo,” following her Instagram caption: “He shouldn’t be allowed to use his power in the industry to sexually and emotionally harass women #metoo.”
Kate has also described several incidents of sexual assault including Marciano— which she has started on her first day shooting a lingerie campaign for Guess in July 2010— in a new interview with TIME magazine. Kate has told TIME’s Eliana Dockterman about her first meeting with Marciano by saying, “After the first day of shooting the Guess Lingerie campaign [on July 25, 2010], Paul Marciano said he wanted to meet with me. As soon as I walked in with photographer Yu Tsai, Paul came straight up to me, forcibly grabbed my breasts and started feeling them — playing with them actually.”
She has said that after she has pushed him away, he said, ‘I’m making sure they’re real.’ Marciano has denied the model’s accusations to PEOPLE saying that they were “absolutely false”. He has said the claim that he groped Kate Upton the first time he ever met her and in front of dozens of people in a busy hotel lobby is preposterous and he has never been alone with Kate Upton. Marciano continued, “I have never touched her inappropriately. Nor would I ever refer to a Guess model in such a derogatory manner. I fully support the #metoo movement. At the same time, I will not allow others to defame me and tarnish my reputation. I have pledged to Guess and its Board of Directors my full support and cooperation with a fair and impartial investigation.”