Due to accidental overdose, the singer Tom Petty has died in the last year.
As per the autopsy reports revealed by his wife as well as his daughter on Friday night, he died due to an accidental overdose as a result of taking multiple medications. Dana and Adria Petty in a statement posted to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers page on Facebook, has said: “Unfortunately Tom’s body suffered from many serious ailments, including emphysema, knee problems and, most significantly, a fractured hip. Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury.”
Tom has died at the age of 66 on 2nd October 2017 after he has suffered from cardiac arrest. They continued that on the day he died, he was informed his hip had graduated to a full-on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his overuse of medication.” The ‘I Won’t Back Down’ singer was rushed to hospital from his home at Malibu, California on the evening before he has died and his manager in a statement has told E! News that the next day he was “surrounded by family, his bandmates, and friends.”
Tom has earlier shared that his 40th-anniversary tour could be his last and in an interview with Rolling Stone, he has said, “We’re all on the backside of our 60s. I have a granddaughter now I’d like to see as much as I can.” He said that he doesn’t want to spend his life on the road and this tour will take him away for four months with a little kid, that’s a lot of time. His family has thanked the fans across the country for their support as well as asked for their continued privacy “during this difficult situation.” After his death, his friends and pals at Los Angeles’s Self-Realisation Fellowship: Lake Shrine.